Thursday, July 9, 2009

Konner's Swimming Lesson's

Konner and I are now done with swimming lessons. I had such a good time being in the water with him. Konner is a very interesting boy. When I would ask him if he was ready to go to swim lessons, he seemed less then thrilled. But once we got there, he ran right up to the door, and couldn't wait to get in the water. If you ask him what he did at swim that day, he would say toys. He loved playing with all the different water toys. I think his favorite was the rocket or the pick up sticks. The swim teacher, Bethany, would throw them and then Konner was suppose to pick them up and put them back in the bag. Well, Konner had something else in mind. He would pick them up, and then throw them again. It was a game to him, and mom just played along. The second week of lessons, we were the only ones in the class. It was like having a private swim lesson. There wasn't a lot of technique taught in this class. It was mainly to get Konner used to the water and not be afraid of it. But for a two year old, he did pretty well. He can put him face in the water and blow bubbles, and he is starting to move his arms and kick his legs, like he was swimming. It was fun to spend this time one on one with Konner. I think I need to do more of it with all of my children.


Konner jumping in the pool. He loved it.

Konner and swim teacher Bethany.


Konner blowing bubbles in the water.

First day of swim lessons with mom.

No comments: