Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brooklynn's Visit With Avarie

Brooklynn and I had a great morning today. We got to go visit her friend Avarie Giles. Avarie had a bone marrow transplant almost three weeks ago because of leukemia. This girl has gone through so much, but she is in such great spirits. When we arrived at Doernbechers Children Hospital, we went to her floor. When we got there we had to check in and then the nurses took Brooklynn's temperature. They wanted to make sure that she wasn't sick. You see, Avarie technically isn't suppose to have any visitors under the age of 18. Her mom, Jenell, asked the Dr.'s if Brooklynn could come. They told her that it was up to her. Jenell felt good about it and gave us the go ahead. The girls had so much fun. They played Candyland, Polly Pockets and even danced to music. It was fun to see them playing together again. Brooklynn told me she wants to go back tomorrow, but I told her we would have to wait awhile. Maybe we will get a chance next week or two. I took a couple of pictures and videos while I was there. Make sure to turn the sound off on my music box on the side so you can hear the videos. If anyone wants to know how Avarie is doing, there is a link to her blog in my sidebar. Just click on her name.



1 comment:

Wilson Family said...

They are so sweet together. Good friends, I am sure Avarie will always remember what a good friend Brooklynn has been.