Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Celebration

We had a fun time for the 4th of July. Our festivities actually started Friday night. We went to the Vancouver rodeo with our friends Blake and Angela Bowers and their three kids. We had a lot of fun. There were free pony rides for the kids before the rodeo started. Brooklynn loved being up on the pony. Konner had a good time playing in the dirt, but when it was time to get on the horse, he wouldn't. For some reason he was scared. He wouldn't even pet the horse. I never thought that my Konner would be scared of a horse. Now on to Saturday. We got up in the morning and went to the pancake breakfast at the church. There were a few parades going on, but we opted not to go. Instead I went grocery shopping at Winco. And let me tell you, it was a nightmare. There were so many people. But that was to be expected on a holiday and everyonw getting ready for BBQ's. Later that night we went to the Lewey's house, who are in our ward. They had a big BBQ with hamburger and hotdogs and everybody else brought a salad or desert. There were a lot of people there. I am guessing there was more than 100 people. The Lewey's live on about 5 acres of land. Konner loved it. He was able to run and play and get into things. When it was time for the fireworks, he didn't want to sit down at first. Once they actually started, he enjoyed it.
Just one quick side note. I didn't post this at the time, but Jaxon had his 6th month well baby visit on June 22nd. He is now 19 pounds, 13ounces, and almost 28 inches long. He is turning out just like his brother. Jaxon has started to roll around and at times tries to scoot on his tummy when he sees mommy. I don't think it will be long before he is crawling.


Watching the fireworks at the Lewey's

Brooklynn and Konner with their friends Ehlan, Sierra and Hayley Bowers.



Jaxon trying to get the camara from dad.

1 comment:

Dallas (司馬光) said...

Dan, I didn't realize you were living in Vancouver, WA. I'm just over the border in Portland, OR. We need to get together. I haven't seen you since my last trip to Pocatello about 5-7 years ago. I don't even remember! Give me a call or email dstahle@gmail.com or 503-476-5417. Hope to hear from you soon.