Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008




Dan and the kids having fun with Pumpkins

Mom helping Brooklynn




Konner trying to get the pumpkins seeds out












Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Brooklynn wanted to be Cinderella and Konner was a pumpkin. Konner didn't like wearing his costume at first and he tried to take it off, but then he got use to it. We went to the trunk or treat at the church. Dan took the kids around while I passed out the candy. I was wearing a pink shirt that night and one guy made the comment that I was holding a pink popcorn ball. I found it kind of funny. If I wasn't pregnant I probably would have taken offense. but with only 9 weeks left, it is kind of hard to hide the fact that I am pregnant. Anyway, The kids had fun. Dan said Konner got upset at first when they would put the candy in his bag, but once they put it in his hand, then he was fine. He said every time he would get a new candy he would put the other back in the bowl that he had just gotten the candy from. We all had a fun evening.
On Thursday we carved our pumpkins. Brooklynn had fun with hers, and at first Konner wasn't sure what to do. Dad helped him. Towards the end, he go the hang of it. He even took a bite of the pumpkin, but then quickly realized he didn't like the taste and spit it out.

Just one final note. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband and for two healthy beautiful children. I have a friend right now who is going through a very hard time. Her four year old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia about a month ago. The chemo isn't working like the doctor's want it to so now she has to go through a more intensive chemotherapy. This last week she was put back in the hospital and is now on a feeding tube because she is not eating like she should. Her legs are like noodles and she can't walk. The Dr.'s are trying to figure out why all of this is happening. I saw my friend yesterday and I could tell that it was taking a toll on her. She has three other kids to take care of and one in the hospital. I wonder how she does it. I know she has a lot of support from family and friends. Dan and I don't have much to give, but we tried to help out as we can. Brooklynn keeps asking about Avarie. I tell her that she is really sick and back in the hospital. I am not sure how else to explain it to her. We were at Wal-mart one day and Brooklynn said, "Mom, we forgot to pray for Avarie this morning. I want to pray for her right now. So in the middle of the store Brooklynn told me to stop pushing the cart so she could pray for Avarie. I am sure people were staring at us, but I didn't care. I learned a great lesson that day. Heavenly Father is always there for us, even if we are in Wal-mart. He loves us and wants to hear from us. How grateful I am for Eternal Families. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I can't even imagine living without it. I love my family and am grateful that we can be together forever.
If anyone wants to know more about Avarie, there is a link to her blog on my page. Just click on Avarie Giles under family and friends.

1 comment:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I still can't believe Brooklynn made it around the whole church in those heels! What a girl!!! Better than i would have done!

how sweet about Brooklynn praying for Avarie in the middle of the store....children sure do teach us a lot!