I love my boys Konner and Jaxon. I love being their mom. And of course I love Brooklynn to. Yesterday I took the kids to the school for a free lunch. As we were leaving, Konner fell on the blacktop pavement and hit his head pretty good. when I got home I tried to clean it out the best I could. After doing so I realized that he should probably take him to the doctor. I think it was mostly for a peace of mind for me. I was able to get an appointment for about 1 1/2 hours later. I didn't take him to the ER because blood wasn't dripping down his face, and he was running around playing. But he did have a good gouge in his face. Dan met me at the doctor's office and all they ended up doing was use super glue to put it back together. Yes, they used superglue. It was called Duraband, which basically is just a strong superglue. I was so glad he didn't need stitches. They put some numbing ointment on it first, then cleaned it out because there was still some debree in there. Konner did a really good job considering the situation. The only part he didn't like is when we had to hold him down to clean it and put the superglue on. I did a lot better this time as well. When Brooklynn was a year and a half she hit her head right at the top of her nose. Blood was coming out everywhere. I had just found out I was pregnant with Konner, so seeing the blood was making me sick. We had to take her to the ER because it was at night. They did the same thing for Brooklynn. Superglue. The only difference this time with Konner is we won't have an expensive ER visit.

Konner before going to the doctor. Its not bothering him to much. He's smiling.

Konner after the Doctor.

Brooklynn with her super glued nose. The nice thing now is that you can't even see a scar unless you look really close. I can't believe how big she has gotten since then.
Now to Jaxon. He is almost 8 months old and has started to to do the army crawl. He is moving everywhere. If he wants something, he will get it. I have been blessed. He has been such a good baby. It seems like just yesterday I brought him home from the hospital.
3 comments:
I had no idea you went through all that drama yesterday!!! I am glad it wasn't any worse! And wow! Jaxon is crawling....I bet you are glad you don't have stairs to worry about right now!!!
That sounds like us on wednesday night I had to take Makeila to the ER to get stitches in her knee. I wish they could have glued her but they had to do stitches because it was so close to the joint,well tonight we found out the stitches have all come undone so I am not very happy about that. frustrating. all that money for nothing.
What cute kids you have! They are all adorable. We've done the ER thing twice now with our boys, both right around the time they turned 2 and it was awful for me (and for them too I'm sure). But it sounds like you did great! Your blog is so cute. It will be fun to follow it!
Post a Comment