Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time To Catch Up

I thought it was about time I do an update on our family. A lot has happened since I last posted. Brooklynn has started preschool again. She is loving every minute of it. She gets to go on field trips every month that the boys and I get to go on as well. The first trip was to an animal farm. We got to see sheep, cows, chicken and horses. The kids did okay around the animals. konner was okay until the big dog came up and he jumped right in the stroller and pretty much didn't get out the rest of the time we were there. For some odd reason my kids like animals until they get close to them. It took Brooklynn awhile, but she finally went up to pet a rooster, but that was it. She didn't want to get to close to the horse or the cows. I shouldn't laugh at my own kids, but the funniest thing happened when a sheep came up to the stoller and licked Jaxon, and then went to Konner. You would have thought it was hurting him or something.
The first day I dropped Brooklynn of at preschool, Konner just cried and cried because he wanted to go to preschool to. I then decided that it would be nice for Konner to do something that his sister doesn't get to do, so i signed him up for a tumbling class. A friend of mine in the ward, Wendy, does it at her house. Konner loves going there. He asks me everyday if it is tumbling day. I have to keep telling him that he only goes on Monday.
Jaxon is just getting big. I took him to the doctor two weeks ago and he is already 23 pounds, 4 ounces, and 29 1/2 inches long. I don't know if anyone else has been in this situation. I know that both of my boys are big for their age, but they are not fat, they are just built thick and strong like the Gallup's. The thing that bothers me is when people keep telling me how big my boys are. I keep thinking, I know, you don't have to keep reminding me. Anyway, back to Jaxon. He is crawling everywhere and starting to pull himself up on a few things. Before I know it, he will be crawling.
Dan and I are keeping ourselves busy. I have been working on some Christmas gifts to take home to Idaho when we go ove Thanksgiving, and we started painting the rest of the house. we have the hallway all done and are working on all of the doors inside. We will then move onto the bathrooms, and then the living room and kitchen. I am hoping it will all be done before my parents come at Christmas, but we will see.
Here are a few pictures from recently. Hope you all enjoy them.

Brooklynn's preschool class

Feeding the ducks.




This is as about as close as Brooklynn would get to the cow so I could take her picture.

3 comments:

Long Family said...

I thought I was behind on updating! At least someone else is slow.

Shelly's Space said...

Thanks for the update!! Sounds like you're in a good routine and that the klids are healthy and happy:) I love your blog...there are so many fun things to look at and hear on it....thanks!!

Chelsea_Renee said...

LOL You hope it's all done by Christmas??? :D